Friday, August 15, 2008
Thank You Dinner for Festival of Flight Ambassadors
I'm just back from a thank you dinner and balloon flight hosted by Melissa, our Ambassador Coordinator, for all of us who volunteered at the Festival of Flight (and our spouses). We had a lovely evening together, first at the Hangar Cafe and later hanging around the park and waiting for our balloon flight. Our dinner was at 7:00 pm and we all got to meet Melissa's husband and their son. Besides the food, goodies, great conversation, balloon ride and humor-filled award certificate that Melissa gave us, I got two unexpected and additional treats. I was able to watch the dance instructors, who are present on Friday dance nights, dancing impromptu with Park visitors, and the Flight Crew (how I missed them at the HONK performance night I don't know!) performed for us as were waiting for our Balloon flight. By the time our flight was over we'd been two hours in the park; I was a bit reluctant to leave the Mike McCaffrey Trio but I didn't want to overdo my first night out again :). There was a very dramatic looking full moon hanging spectacularly behind the dance floor and musicians' stage. I remembered to take pictures of our evening and even a video of the Flight Crew performing for us. I'll upload them shortly. Another lovely event at the Great Park!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment