Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday dances and Saturday concerts

I am off this week and the next and quite sad that I missed the first friday dance party which was yesterday, featuring Derek Bordeaux, a rhythm and blues band; besides the music and fun, the stage erected in front of the Hangar Cafe directly across from the Balloon for the dances must have been pretty neat and the ambience spectacular. Today, the Jaipur Kawa Brass Band, billed as Bollywood wedding band style music and jazz fusion, were the performers, at the second Saturday concert. I couldn't be there for this one either but I did manage to listen to some of their music from here. I invite other Ambassadors, who've been volunteering this week, to share their experiences with this weekend's friday dance party and saturday concert. I did get some other Ambassador work done briefly this week; I've been trying to schedule a couple of 'Ambassador' presentations and I also called a number of people to try and get an interpreter (Hindi-English bilingual speaker) for today's band.

No comments: