Friday, August 1, 2008
Friday Docent Duty
I was back at the Great Park Balloon from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm today, friday, 1 Aug. 2008. We worked in teams of two: Monica and Krissy answered phones inside the balloon trailer, Debra and I took turns walking around outside and talking to park visitors (a Roving Ambassador as I think of it), and going up on the balloon as 'Flight Hostess/Ambassador.' This way, the pilots focus on flying and we answer questions, present the park, get input, etc. I got about 10 completed surveys which I think is pretty good. The balloon was shut down around 12:30 pm because of the wind. Just as I was getting ready to leave, Karena (GP program specialist), and Setiam, Anabel, Jason, the senior leaders with whom we'd had our Ambassador training came by. They gave me my performance polo shirt (we'll be wearing them on our performance event duty tomorrow). I took some pictures today - hope you enjoy them! See if you can spot the chess tables and the kite-flying family. The kite family, as I think of them, were pretty cute. They'd got the kite at the Festival of Flight and they came back today for a balloon ride and to picnic and fly the kite in the park. You can also see the performance area preparations for the big event tomorrow - summer Saturday nights concert series kickoff featuring the classic Orange County '70s rock band HONK. Here's your invitation to this free musical event and night flights on the Balloon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment