Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Welcome to the OC Great Park Blog


Welcome to the Orange County Great Park (OCGP) blog by Ambassador Anita Coleman!

I am a resident of Irvine, California and I will be blogging about my experiences, 2008 summer, as a Great Park Ambassador. My interest in the Great Park goes back a long time; in fact, my husband and I are founding members of the Great Park Conservancy. I hope that this blog will live long and have many contributors beyond the Ambassadors.

OCGP is the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century. Its size is 1,347 acres, almost twice that of Central Park, New York. The first distinctive feature of the Great Park, symbolizing its location in Orange County, is one of the world's largest helium passenger balloons: an orange Aerophile balloon. Balloon rides are free and the viewing distance from the balloon is approximately 20 - 25 miles. A Preview Park demonstrates some of the features based on the guiding principles (e.g. sustainability) that will be a part of the development of OCGP. Interested in knowing more about the Great Park? Check out the official website and come out this Saturday, July 12, 11-3 pm for the Festival of Flight celebrations.

No comments: