Monday, July 21, 2008

We wait...

I (and the rest of my Ambassador colleagues) have been on break since the Festival of Flight event on July 12. According to Melissa, there might be an evening session this week (July 23rd) at which she'd like some of us to introduce ourselves to the new Ambassadors (oh yes, they interviewed last friday (07/18) for more, I believe). I hope it includes a night flight in the balloon :). We might also have to help at the events - that is, the friday dances and saturday concerts starting Aug. 2/3. No word on the dates and venues at which the Ambassadors will be making our presentations about the Great Park. At one of our training sessions we were asked to suggest venues (for a total of about 20) and in response, three of us did. These now have to be approved by the OCGP/Board of Directors before we can present. Thus, we wait. While we wait for news and our next assignment, I thought I'd share some of the experiences I had at the Festival. The first is an invitation.

Greta, a delightful lady, while I was getting water and recognizing me as an Ambassador from her shuttle ride and my mini-presentation, gave me a flyer. It was an invitation to the upcoming 60th Anniversary Celebrations of India, Israel, and Korea, organized by the Irvine Multicultural Association (IMA). I didn't know Irvine had such an association! Here's more details about the IMA Building Bridges Program.

60th Anniversary Celebration
India Israel South Korea

Learn About The Countries And Their Shared Values
History * Culture * Presentations * Exhibits * Entertainment and Traditional Foods

When: Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 11 AM - 4 PM
Where: Irvine City Hall, 1 Civic Center Plaza in Irvine, Corner of Alton and Harvard
Cost: FREE ADMISSION (Restaurant tasting tickets available for purchase at the event)

For more info:
Email: irvinemulticultural@hotmail.com
Web: www.irvinemulticultural.org (a yahoo group - not a real website)
Sponsors: StandWithUs (www.StandWithUs.com)

No comments: